Wednesday, August 28, 2013

To the being who rules over the afterlife and its inhabitants...

It is because of you, being from the other side, that I hope to be killed by one of them, rather than by any natural means.

It is because of you that I tell myself to keep going, to keep surviving.

It is because of you that I am still alive.

I suppose I should be grateful.

But I am not.

Because while you ensured that I stay alive, you also ensured that my family did not.

While I do not remember much of them (thanks to your blind friend), I remember the pain I felt when I lost them.

Are they with you now, being from beyond?

Are you using one of their forms to terrorize some other hapless runner?

Despite how much I miss them and wish I could remember them, I hope I will never have to see them again.

Out of all the monsters that I've encountered, you are one of the ones that hurt me most, ruler of the underworld.

And yet, you are one of the few that I have not actually encountered myself.

Odd, how that happens, no? The lesson, dear readers, is to never give up.

Never stop running, never stop surviving. For if you do, it has full dominion over you.

Whatever you do, do not embrace the Archangel.

2 comments:

  1. The Archangel is the afterlife itself?

    More incentives to avoid death. I like you Afterwards; you look on the bright side where there is one to be seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, though to be fair, there aren't many bright sides in these type of situations.

      Yes, the Archangel is the afterlife, odd how that may seem. Supposedly, the only way to escape from its grasp is to be killed by one of the other Fears.

      Delete